ProgresSon Music is pleased to announce the 42nd release on its ProgQuebec label (MPM42).
The album is called ÉclectiQue by the group Polygone, which was one of the successors to ExCubus (known as Incubus at the time). The album features high quality new recordings of all original material written in the late 1970’s and early 80s, plus 2 bonus tracks professionally recorded back then. The music features a heavier use of synthesisers which was typical of that period in progressive rock history and more melody as artists aimed to strike a more accessible chord. As the title of the album suggests, it is a blend of different styles ranging from heavily progressive instrumental music to a lighter touch reminiscent of Le Temps. Nevertheless, fans of ExCubus will recognize its influence in the more dissonant moments and fans of Quebec’s progressive rock heritage will revel in delight. Plenty of ear candy in this release !
- Une idée (Delage, M.) 4:47
- L'ère d'aller (Poulet, P. / Boulerice, J.) 2:37
- Le carrosse (Delage, M. / Boulerice, j.) 2.34
- Quand jy pense (De Longchamp, A.) 3:35
- Été (Delage, A. / Boulerice, 1.) 2:59
- 3.1416 (Delage, M. / Boulerice, j.) 3.04
- Tic Tac (De Longchamp, A.) 3.37
- À la santé de la lumière Delage, A. / Delage, M. / Boulerice, J.) 3:51
- Engrenages bien huiles (Phaneuf, M.) 3:23
- Quarante voleurs (ont pillé la Terre) (Delage, M. / Boulerice, l.) 3:29
II. Lagloire Dumatin (Phaneuf, M.) 4:23
12- Grand pas, petit pas (Poulet, P. / Boulerice, j.) 4:32
- Thème de l'archéologue (Phaneuf, M.) 3:54
- Dédoublement anarchique (Poulet, P.) 2:58